Friday, October 29, 2010

Chicken nuggets and fries...oh yes they are Paleo!

So my boys love chicken nuggets. They are kids after all. They miss their Chick-Fil-A nuggets, since they are now forced to eat grilled chicken. These are fantastic! Seriously, we devoured them. Once again, I made a lot so that I can have leftovers. I seasoned them as I thought would work, but feel free to season anyway you see fit. You could turn them italian with some italian herbs, you could make them thai with some curry and coconut. Let your creativity inspire you to make some fantastic nuggets.

Paleo Chicken Nuggets

2 lbs chicken breast or tenderloins, cut into large bite sized chunks
1.5 cups almond flour (I get mine from Trader joes)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp dry mustard
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets with olive oil. Mix almond flour with seasoning. Dip chicken in egg, shake off excess, dip in almond flour and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with all remaining chicken pieces. Be sure to give them a little space so that they can let off their moisture. Put chicken in oven and cook for about 40 minutes. Be sure to check that the chicken is fully cooked. Enjoy!

Sweet Potato Fries

2-3 sweet potatoes (or if you are lazy, Trader Joes sells precut fries)
Olive oil
Sea salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut potatoes into fry shape. Place fries in bowl or ziploc bag. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir/shake to coat. Spread fries onto non-stick cookie sheet. Give them some space. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. YUM!! Cait, your sweet potato fries are the BEST!!! I've done your recipe so many times and they always come out perfectly. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! dont ya just love TJ's??
    SPF's are a staple in this house, we all LOVE them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trader Joe's is one of my absolute favorite places to shop. :) And sweet potato fries are one of my hubby's favorite...considering he didn't like sweet potatoes that is a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG i loved these nuggets!! It is my favorite Paleo recipe so far. My hubby and I are doing this for 6 wks to see how we like it. Sooooo glad I found this recipe and cant wait to make it again. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you like them! :) keep up the good paleo work!

    ReplyDelete