Sunday, December 5, 2010

Paleo Apple Oven Pancake

When I was growing up my Mom always made this delicious apple puff pancake. It was soooooo yummy and one of my absolute favorite dishes. I, too used to make this dish all of the time. Now I have developed a much healthier version of this protein rich dish.



Paleo Apple Oven Pancake

6 eggs
1.5 cups almond milk (can also use coconut)
1/2 cup coconut flour (scant, do not pack the coconut flour in)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp maple sugar (can sub maple syrup in a pinch)
2 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
4 tbsp oil of choice (I used 2 tbsp almond, 2 tbsp walnut)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In blender mix eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and maple sugar. Blend until smooth. Pour oil into 9x13 in baking dish. Place oiled dish into preheated oven for 3 minutes. Remove and add apple slices. Bake for 3-4 minutes, remove before the apples brown. Remix batter (as it tends to separate when it sits). Pour over apples. Place pan back in oven (middle to low rack), bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Cait, I didn't have nut oils but I had coconut oil and it turned out great! Thanks for this great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this with blueberries and apples! I did a half pan because I didn't want the temptation of a 9x13 in my kitchen..I can eat this by myself. But it makes 4 lovely servings in a 9x9 cut in half! I also used coconut oil, and also used 1//4 cup coconut flour ( all I had left ) and 1/2 cup almond flour. Came out....amazing.

    ReplyDelete