Monday, March 14, 2011

Paleo Cinnamon Maple Sugar Scones (aka doughnuts!)

A while ago a dear friend of mine asked me to develop a paleo doughnut recipe. Well, I was really at a loss as to how to accomplish this. Deep frying in coconut oil, while delicious is very expensive. Then tonight as I was making scones, I noticed that this particular variety tasted just like a doughnut! A delicious paleo doughnut! Enjoy these baked goodies with your favorite hot beverage and good luck keeping your kids away from them! (the scone recipe base is from elanas pantry, I just changed up the flavors and the sweetener)



Paleo Cinnamon Maple Sugar Scones

2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tbsp maple syrup
maple sugar (for dusting)
cinnamon (for dusting)

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl mix almond flour, soda and salt. Add egg and syrup, mix with spatula or wooden spoon until well combined. Press out onto parchment paper into 6.5x6.5 inch square. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon nad maple sugar. Cut into 16 squares. Spread out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes until scones just start to brown. Cool slightly and then enjoy! (Warm scones just melt in your mouth)

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, while shopping yesterday what I was really craving was the doughnuts we used to by as a shopping day treat. Where do you get your maple sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found my first batch of maple sugar at a natural food store. But I have discovered that they sell it on amazon. If you are highly motivated I know you can make it yourself using maple syrup too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I'll check Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete