Friday, March 18, 2011

Paleo Chicken and Brussels

A friend of mine asked me if I would be willing to post other people's recipes on my blog, and I answered absolutely! So she emailed me this fantastic recipe, that is very comforting and casserole like. It is very tasty and quite simple to prepare as well. I hope you all like it as much as we did! Thank you Sara Vidotto, for sharing your cooking genius with us. We look forward to future contributions!

(Oh, this recipe is how she wrote it. For us, I had to of course double the amount of meat and veggies, we eat a lot. And since I don't have an oven safe skillet or dutch oven, I had to cook on a skillet then move it to a casserole.)



Paleo Chicken Thighs and Brussels

6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 strips of bacon
1/2 onion, minced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 lbs brussel sprouts, trimmed and quartered
poultry seasoning
sea salt
pepper
1/2 cup chicken stock

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat dutch oven or large oven safe sauce pan over medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy. Remove half of fat, if you desire. Add onion and saute until soft. Add garlic. Season lightly with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Remove everything but fat from pan. Season chicken with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Turn heat up to medium high. Add chicken to the pan and sear both sides until browned. Add meat and onions back to pan (or place in casserole), add brussel sprouts and chicken stock. Cover the pan and place in the oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

*This recipe can also be done with turkey and sage sausage, instead of chicken and bacon. If you add celery and dried cranberries it will taste just like Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment