Monday, January 24, 2011

Paleo Spanish Chicken and Rice (faux rice)

I had a craving for Arroz con Pollo. I just love the saffron flavors mixed with the chicken. Its such a delicious combo. Plus after seeing the green olives at the grocery store, I wanted them incorporated into my dinner. I hope you enjoy my dish, I know my family certainly did.



Paleo Spanish Chicken and Faux Rice

Olive oil
2.5-3 lbs of boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
2 onions, fine dice
1 red pepper, fine dice
1/4 cup white wine
1.5-2 cups broth (chicken or veggie)
2 heads cauliflower, shredded (food processor is great for this)
8 cloves garlic, minced
2 big pinches of saffron, crumbled
1/2 tsp paprika
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/4-1/2 cup sliced green olives
sea salt and pepper to taste

In large skillet heat olive oil to medium heat. Place chicken thighs in pan and cook for 5-10 minutes on each side. Remove chicken. Add onion and pepper and cook until soft. Add wine and 1 cup broth. Add cauliflower, garlic, saffron, paprika and tomatoes. Add more broth as the cauliflower absorbs it. Put chicken back into the pan. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Uncover, add more broth if necessary. Add olives and cook for another 10 minutes until cauliflower is soft and chicken is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment