Monday, January 17, 2011

Paleo Molten Chocolate Babycakes

So I started thinking about doing this recipe a while ago. I love chocolate. I needed to come up with a way to make this paleo. With my 30th birthday right around the corner, I figured now was a great time to come up with a fabulous birthday dessert. So happy early birthday to myself...I got this recipe nailed on my first try!!! This recipe makes 6-8 cakes the size of muffins.



Paleo Molten Chocolate Babycakes

3 eggs
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/3 cup agave (honey or maple syrup work well too)
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp coconut flour

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease muffin cups (or small silicone cups) heavily, and dust with cocoa powder. In large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Mix in cocoa powder, agave, oil, vanilla, and coconut flour. Mix until smooth. Pour into muffin cups and fill until 3/4 of the way full. Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes or until the top just sets. Carefully remove from pan and serve immediately. Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

  1. hey thanks for the receipe.
    Although i found the half a cup of coco oil too strong.

    Ill try and sub it with butter next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - this was AMAZING!!! Just like the molten lava cakes you find at restaurants. And the perfect petite size to cure a chocolate craving. I made it exactly as described but subbed honey instead of agave. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    Made it with butter. Turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cait. I, too, am an avid CrossFitter and paleo food blogger and mom to Ger Sasser, 7th this year in Central East Regionals. I am going to try this recipe! I just have to have something dark chocolate now and then.... I have a couple of great cocoa recipes on my blog - feedinggersasser.blogspot.com if you want to check them out.
    Also, I don't see a search box on this blog. Maybe I'm just missing it, but if not, you should think about putting one on here from your layout page. My CrossFit friends use it.
    Have a great WOD today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete