Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Paleo Honey Mustard Dressing

My friend Shayna asked me to help her come up with a Paleo honey mustard. I sat down in my kitchen and thought about the flavors, then developed this dressing. I think it came out pretty darn tasty. Hubby also really enjoyed it, so I would love to hear what everyone else thinks about it. Its a sweet honey mustard, but if you like it spicy then feel free to add some horseradish or some extra black pepper.

Paleo Honey Mustard

3-4 Tbsp of honey
1.5 tsp mustard powder
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
pepper to taste
1/4 cup oil (best to use a blend of different nut oils and olive so there is not overwhelming flavor)

Put honey, mustart, vinegar, salt and pepper in blender or food processor. When well combined, keep the blade running and slowly drizzle oil in. Blend for 10 seconds after oil is fully combined. Taste test and adjust flavor as needed.

3 comments:

  1. This was delicious! We made homemade Paleo chicken nuggets and my family loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...very tasty! Also for a spicier version you can just decrease the amount of honey. I liked it with 2 Tbsp for that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be good! I linked to this recipe in my latest blog post. Feel free to use my pic if you want:
    greenhsv.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/Paleo-chicken-tenders-and-fries-with-honey-mustard

    ReplyDelete