Sunday, January 2, 2011

Amazing Paleo Biscuits!

So a while back I tried my hand at paleo biscuits. They were okay, but definitely left me wanting better. I have since developed a better biscuit recipe. Serve these along a fantastic egg breakfast or along with your favorite soup. They are just yummy!



Amazing Paleo Biscuits

2.5 cups almond flour (I used a blend of blanched and not blanched)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp grass-fed butter (or another fat of choice)
1 tbsp honey
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl mix together the dry ingredients. In small bowl mix together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Dump the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and roll or pat out to 1-1.5 inch thick (these do not rise much so whatever thickness you roll them out to, is what they will be). Cut into rounds using cookie cutter or biscuit cutter. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm finally checking out your blog and if I can get these to work (I seem to have problems with anything involving almond flour) I will sing your praises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to let me know how they turn out. The key with this dough is it was almost greasy, but not wet and sticky. It stayed in a lump easily and didn't stick to the bowl. These are definitely not low fat. But they were fantastic with the soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete