Friday, November 19, 2010

Paleo Greek hash

I decided to try and incorporate some new veggies into our repertoire. Today's choice was Kale. With this hash, I made the veggies really small, the reason for this is so my 3 year old and 2 year old will eat them without complaints. If they see vegetables in their original state then they will not eat them. I used my food processor quite a bit with this. If you aren't afraid of veggies (like my kids) then you can leave the veggies closer to bite size. This came out quite delicious and I will definitely be making it again.



Paleo Greek Hash

Olive oil
2 lbs ground beef (preferably grass fed)
1 onion, minced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup olives, minced (kalamatas work great, but use what you like)
1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
3/4 dried mint
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper (to taste)
3/4 lbs kale (shredded, or cut to desired size)
1 head cauliflower (boiled for 10 minutes, drained then riced)
1 cup olives (Kalamatas work great, but check out your local olive bar), sliced

In large skillet drizzle some olive oil over medium to medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until almost brown. Add onions and garlic. Saute until brown. Add olives and seasoning. Stir to combine. Add kale, and cook until kale is wilted. Add the riced cauliflower and olives and stir to combine. Enjoy!

I am entering this recipe into a contest, to find out more, click on the link... http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com/2010/11/announcing-primal-food-blogging-event.html

No comments:

Post a Comment