Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Paleo Sweet Potato Gnocchi

I was out of zucchini today and was making meatballs with tomato sauce (see previous recipe). I decided to give a try at sweet potato gnocchi. I found several recipes but none of them really worked for me. So I used ideas from a few of them and created my own version. The result was a delicious chewy gnocchi with a slight crisp on the exterior. My husband even said he was pleasantly surprised at the texture. I hope you like them!




Paleo Sweet Potato Gnocchi

4-6 sweet potatoes (size dependent, aim for about 630grams in weight)
1 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup almond flour
3 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 egg yolks

Peel and cube sweet potato. Boil until fork tender. Rice the sweet potato by putting through a potato ricer or sieve. Mix all flours, salt and baking soda into warm potato. Once cooled a bit, add yolks. Mix until well combined. Pour mixture into zip lock bag, and press out the air. Place in the fridge and leave for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Preheat oven to 325. Parchment line a baking sheet. Cut one corner off the bottom of the bag and squeeze out one inch long strips onto parchment paper. When finished, press the top of each gnocchi with a fork. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve with sauce of your choice or just munch on then plain. Enjoy!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. There's a chance you're qualified to get a Apple iPhone 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you must watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete