Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mini Paleo Beefcakes...or Mini meatloaves with ketchup glaze

When I get my ground beef, I get it in bulk. Most recently I got 12 lbs of grass fed ground beef. My freezer is chock full. I am going to have to start getting really creative so we don't get too tired of burgers and meat sauce. I made these meatloaves in muffin tins to make my little men happy. The flavors are very similar to a traditional meatloaf, which is nice to have every once in a while. My household loved them, so I hope you do too. This recipe makes about 16-18 mini meat cakes. You can cut it in half if that is too much for your family.



Mini Paleo Meatloaves

2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 onion, minced
pinch of italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup almond flour
2 lbs ground beef

Ketchup glaze
1 cup paleo ketchup (See my October 31, 2010 post for a great recipe)
2 tsp cider vinegar
2 tsp honey

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together egg, salt, onion, seasoning, and almond flour. Add ground beef and use hands to mix well. Divide meat into muffins cups (fill about 2/3 full). In small bowl, mix together ketchup, vinegar, and honey. Spread some ketchup glaze on top of each mini meatloaf. Bake the loaves in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Another awesome recipe! I made your Paleo ketchup recipe a few weeks ago and this was the first time I really used it. My husband and I both loved these meatloaves. I'll be making these again for sure. Keep these awesome recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete