Saturday, December 25, 2010

Delicious tomato basil soup

I have never been a fan of tomato soup. Something about that condensed garbage never appealed to me. My mom made this amazing tomato soup on Christmas this year and I wanted to share the recipe with everyone. Its a great way to warm up on a cold winter day or to just enjoy your veggies in a different form.



Paleo Roma Tomato Basil Soup

6 tbsp olive oil
4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 tbsp dried basil
3 (28-32 oz) cans whole peeled Roma tomatoes
1 quart chicken broth (homemade is best)
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Put olive oil in large sauce pan. Heat over med high heat. Add carrots, onion and basil. Cook 15-20 mins or until veggies are soft. Add tomatoes and broth. Simmer for 20 mins.

Allow to cool slightly, then in small batches, purée soup in food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment