Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mushroom cream sauce

I miss steak sauce. A-1 was my steak sauce of choice. It is also loaded with corn syrup and sugar, so I have had to give it up. Paleo ketchup has been filling the void, but tonight I decided to make a mushroom sauce to go over our roast. I am pretty proud of this considering I am not much of a mushroom eater.



Paleo Mushroom Cream Sauce

olive oil
1/2 onion (or 1 small onion), diced fine
sea salt
4 portobello mushroom caps, diced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 pinches oregano
1/2 can coconut milk

Saute onion in olive oil over medium heat until onion turns soft and translucent. Add salt to taste. Add mushroom, balsamic and oregano. Cook until mushroom softens. Add coconut milk and cook until warm throughout. Serve over your favorite steak or chicken. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Tried it today with organic sirloin. Tasted great - I would next time probably reduce the amount of balsamic vinegar a bit. Thanks though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete