Monday, December 13, 2010

Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

Since the kids and I are on our way out of town tomorrow, I wanted to have some take along snacks. I am planning on making some granola, but they aren't that into the granola. So I decided to whip up some delicious pumpkin raisin muffins. Hopefully these will help keep my little men full and happy on the flight. (this recipe was adapted from one on Elana's pantry website)



Paleo Pumpkin Raisin Muffins

3 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
pinch of ground cloves
1/4 cup nut oil (choose your favorite, I like almond and walnut)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
4 eggs
2 cups pumpkin puree (or canned)
1/2-3/4 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350. Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners. Mix almond flour, salt, soda, and spices in large bowl. In blender or food processor put all wet ingredients, oil, agave, maple syrup, eggs and pumpkin. Puree until smooth. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix thoroughly. Gently add raisins. Scoop mixture into muffin liners. Bake for 40 minutes or until tops are browned and tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool on a rack. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Silly question.... Is almond meal = almond flour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sorry for my delayed response. Traveling made it tough to view the blog. Almond meal is similar to almond flour, but tends to be a slightly courser grind. If you can get your hands on the almond meal and not the flour, you can always put the meal in the food processor for a while until its a little finer grain. :) Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just found this recipe on pinterest. Sounds really yummy! My question is you say 1/4 agave and 1/4 maple syrup, but you never say 1/4 of what...1/4 cup? Just wanted to double check because I really want to try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the mistake, it has been corrected!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think I could substitute grapeseed oil for the nut oil? My husband has an allergy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could, or I would also recommend coconut oil or ghee as a good substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made these! I didn't have almond flour on hands so i used buckwheat flour, to try them! Love it! Next batch is going to be with almond flour! Thanks

    ReplyDelete